Interregional Innovation Networks (iNets) are the core tool of the INCREDIBLE project to promote knowledge on Non-Wood Forest Products (NWFPs) across the Mediterranean basin. iNets for NWFPs bring together a whole series of relevant actors with complementary knowledge, expertise and experiences in five different networks (cork, resins, mushrooms & truffles, nuts & berries, medicinal plants). Shared information and exchange will identify the most relevant needs in each NWFP in order to improve profitability, sustainability and their impact on the creation of green jobs and rural development.
These networks will allow to seed, collect, generate and disseminate relevant technological, economic, innovative and research knowledge linked to the main NWFP value chains. Specifically, these five networks has been developed
Cork. Coordinated by: UNAC
Resins. Coordinated by: Cesefor
Aromatic & Medicinal Plants. Coordinated by: INRGREF
Wild Mushrooms & Truffles. Coordinated by: CTFC
Wild Nuts & Berries. Coordinated by: INIA
Download here the iNet Manual.
• resource modelling in a context of climate change
• progress in the compatibility of resin harvesting with other forest uses
• improvement in working conditions of the resin tappers
• development of new natural resin derivative products
Aromatic & Medicinal Plants
• supporting production and marketing capacities
• natural Resource Management and biodiversity conservation
• legal framework adjustment
• certification and traceability
• climate change adaptation and cork oak decline
• evaluation of Ecosystem services (life cycle approach)
• policies targeted on multifunctionality
• communication (to consumer, to research, etc.)
• some crucial policy innovation ideas (stronger regulations to minimise the grey economy; establishment of PES models; maintenance/ development of regulations to assure the sustainability of the cork oak ecosystem; multifunctional ecosystem policies)
Wild Mushrooms & Truffles
• management of truffle plantations and development of mycosilviculture
• regulation and taxation systems and training
Wild Nuts & Berries
- Chestnut value chain
• Increase processing quality
• Standardisation of supply
• Develop new products (chestnut beer or chestnut flour)
- Mediterranean pine nuts
• immaturity of the sector: lack of management and good practices guidelines.
• organic food labels: better marketing and communication of certification brands and labels
- Knowledge gaps in common (WN&B)
• pests and diseases: how to solve severe yield losses especially due to new exotic pests.
• Arbutus unedo and berries are not promoted adequately
Il progetto INCREDIBLE ha lo scopo di mostrare come i prodotti forestali non legnosi (NWFP) possono svolgere un ruolo importante nel sostenere la gestione forestale sostenibile e lo sviluppo rurale, creando reti per condividere e scambiare conoscenze e competenze. Il progetto INCREDIBLE promuove la collaborazione e l'innovazione intersettoriali per evidenziare il valore e il potenziale dei prodotti forestali non legnosi nel bacino del Mediterraneo.
Il progetto INCREDIBLE ("INNOVATION Networks of Cork, Resins and Edibles in the Mediterranean basin") riceve finanziamenti dal programma della Commissione Europea Horizon 2020 secondo il grant agreement Nº 774632.
Email: email@example.com or use the contact form.
We welcome your feedback!